Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Stupid $@%.^*& Spyware!

I just spent more than 3 hours and $30 trying to get rid of the nastiest spyware I've ever seen. It was called "cmdService" or Command Service, and it made ads pop up every few seconds. I totally thought it was the blackworm virus, because several of the ads said something about it. I wanted to scream. The free spyware scanning program I had didn't find all of the parts of it, and it deleted only some of what it found. UGH! I don't get the purpose of spyware, but it has become my biggest enemy nevertheless. It is now officially my Joker. My Lex Luthor. My Sauron. My Osama. My Skeletor. My...well, you get the point.


On the bright side, I have a date on Saturday night that I'm STOKED for. It's a blind date with my youth theatre director's (aka "boss") little sister. I talked to her on the phone tonight, and she seems awesome. She laughed at my stupid jokes, she got REALLY excited about the idea of going to a musical, and she said she has no preference of where to eat because she's "a pig." Dear, sweet merciful me. I think I'm going out with the perfect woman on Saturday. I sure hope I don't screw it up....


And now, I'm going to watch Friends until I cool down enough to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment