I'm not making any of this up, I swear. I did not eat anything spicy before bed last night, and I didn't watch anything that would encourage psychotic dreams, either.
Here are the details as I remember them:
My mom had decided that with all the renovations done on her house, it was time to sell it. I was a little upset about the fact that she was selling my childhood home, but I agreed to go and look at the new house she was thinking about buying, anyway.
It was located somewhere in north Springville. We drove down the street behind where the old drive-in was, and then went up onto the side of the mountain. We turned down a gravel road between two peaks, and went further up to what looked like some kind of compound. When we got there, I realized that it was a new gated community, and my youth theatre director, Lori, had been talking about starting up a new youth theatre in this community to pull from the kids in Springville and Mapleton.
When we got out of the car, my mom walked across a courtyard that seemed to be the entrance to the community. She told me to hurry behind her and not step on the lasers. After each step she took, lasers shot about 6 inches above the ground to form some kind of security system. At first I was able to tiptoe between them, but eventually, I started bumping them. Loud alarms went off, and the head of the community came out to turn them off.
I don't remember much about the guy and what he looked like, but I remember that he kind of looked like a cross between Chris Clark and Agent Smith in The Matrix. He was very weasely, and I didn't trust him at all.
He showed us to the house, and we passed several of the residents on the way. They all walked around slowly and eerily, like zombies. However, when we passed them, they smiled half-heartedly. We went through the house, and my mom was freaking out about how much she loved it. Afterward, the man was showing us around the community. There were common areas with buildings that all of the residents used. The community really was like its own little city. While we were in some kind of town hall with a big rehearsal room, we heard screaming outside and ran to the window. We saw people pointing toward the building we were in, and suddenly a man flew past us. He had obviously jumped off the building in a suicide attempt. I watched him fall through an awning and rip it to shreds, but I couldn't see where he had landed.
I ran outside to find the body, and there wasn't a sign of it. I looked up and found the ripped awning, but there wasn't a trace of blood or anything below. Then the man who was showing us around asked me what I was doing and denied ever seeing anything. My mom seemed oblivious to it as well. The man thanked us and showed us back to our car. Once inside, I laid into my mom about it and told her that I would not support her moving to that place. She argued with me and told me that the house was perfect, and again seemed oblivious to the weirdness that had happened.
We argued a little bit for a while as we started driving away, and we stopped at a random city park in Springville to discuss it. As we were getting more and more heated, suddenly I saw Lori driving by (but in her old car) and I stopped her. She was on her way to check out the place with the rehearsal room. I started frantically yelling at her to stay away, but she just thought I was crazy. So, I sat there yelling at my mom and Lori and as I got more and more angry, I woke myself up.
So, that's it. It's another one that I'd get analyzed if I wasn't afraid of what it would tell me about myself...
I'm heading to bed soon, and I'm kind of hoping for a sequel.
That kind of reminds me of the episode of Fear Itself, where they live in the community but they make them have babies... You didn't have to have a baby, did you...?
ReplyDelete