Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter Fun

(The following is taken from my Facebook note, but I want a record of it on my regular blog, because I'm THAT nerdy.)


WARNING! This note contains spoilers about the end of Book 6. If you do not want to find out the big secret surprise ending, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!!!





Last night, Teri, Quincy, Julie & her niece Ally, and I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I loved it. Not as good as the third movie, but better than the others.

I was REALLY funny, too, and my genius was so profound that it MUST be shared on Facebook. :)

When we were getting to the theater, the sneak preview was letting out and people were filing down the escalator as we were going up. Some guy was loudly explaining to his significant other "So then Snape betrayed Dumbledore and Dumbledore died..."

I was passing him at that exact moment and screamed "WHAT?!?!?!" Then Teri pulled a sad face, and I had one of absolute horror. The guy made eye contact with me and kind of smiled uncomfortably, as though to say "Very funny. You knew that." Then, he slowly realized that I was in fact NOT joking (even though I was). His look of horror almost matched mine. Then he stepped off the bottom of the escalator, and we all ran to the edge of the top level just in time to see his woman start to lay into him about saying that out loud in public. I almost felt bad, but it was way too funny.

My next funny moment happened when we were in the theater waiting for the movie to start. One of the theater employees came in and said "I want to remind everyone that this theater is reserved seating. Everyone please pull out your tickets and check to make sure that you are in the correct row and seat number."

I thought I was HYSTERICAL when I said "Seat 9 and 3/4? Anybody for seat 9 and 3/4?!" Everybody around me burst out laughing. Then the row of girls in front of me turned around and complimented me several times on how funny that was.

(The next time the employee came in, some other guy who was sitting just down from me TOTALLY stole my joke and yelled it out as loud as he could. The whole theater lost it, and then Teri, Quincy and I gasped and the girls in front of us screamed "HEY! You stole that guy's joke!" and "That joke is old!" and "Joke stealer!")

There were other funny things said (mainly involving a dirty t-shirt that said "Show me your patronus," but those were the ones that I was directly responsible for.

Sometimes I crack myself up, which REALLY comes in handy when nobody else is laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment