Monday, April 21, 2008

Ack!

Almost 2 weeks ago, I posted this:
I'm stressing about something which may or may not happen in the very near
future. I know SOMETHING'S going to happen, but I don't know the details, and
that in and of itself is enough to drive me bonkers. I'm really worried about
any of the possible outcomes that I can think of.

Well, it happened. And the absolute extreme outcome was the outcome of choice. I've come to terms with it, and I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I'm even starting to get excited about it. However, it's going to be stressful. More information to follow...

Is it bugging you? Are all 4 of you that read this (that I know of) curious? BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Teri and EmDab know. And they have been sworn to secrecy. You could probably torture it out of them if you really tried, though. They're both pretty weak. ;)

Okay, let's list some things that we're happy about, shall we?
  • My SAST show was awesome. My concept rocked, my actors rocked, the make-up rocked, the costumes rocked, the lights rocked, the sound rocked....basically, it pretty much rocked. I felt really good about it. I smuggled a camcorder in to the last performance and now I have a DVD copy. If you were not Teri, Dave, Melinda, Matt, Lindsay, Kirsten, Emily, or Heidi and therefore did not see the show (well, there were OTHERS that saw it, but not on my invitation), you may watch the DVD if you'd like sometime. I might even put it up on Youtube at some point. It's really cool.
  • Smokey Joe's Cafe is awesome. I haven't been able to see it this week, but when I last saw it, I really enjoyed it. The reviewer that came for the Deseret News sounded like a crotchety old lady at a rock concert, and she doesn't know how to spell "bass," so I disregard her review. Everyone I've talked to has liked the show, including Teri, who didn't like it the last time she saw it (and God bless her - she is honest when she doesn't like something).
  • The Wizard of Oz opens this week, and it's awesome, too. I don't know how it always happens, but when I'm working on too many shows at a time, they end up better than some of the shows I do without other stresses. I'm really proud of the music in the show, and I'm even more proud of the kids.
  • I got done with rehearsal at 7 PM the other night - CRAZY. It was my first night without a rehearsal or performance in WEEKS, and I hadn't even realized it was happening until a couple days before. I was going to go to Smokey Joe's, but instead I decided to go to the temple. I'm officially not a fan of the Provo temple, and from now on, I'll go to Timp whenever I can. However, cool stuff happened there, and that's all that matters, I suppose.
  • My new guitar that works for both Rock Band and Guitar Hero III is supposed to arrive tomorrow! HOORAY! I'll even have time to test it this week! Huzzah for days with no school.
  • Speaking of school, this semester is over! I say this EVERY semester, but this was seriously the worst semester ever. I'm not looking forward to the fall, because each semester seems to be exponentially worse than the one before. However, I'm down to just a few required credits, so most of this fall will be fun classes to fill out my scholarship requirements. Note to self: blog about lessons learned this semester after finals are done.

That's it for now. I hope your life is as awesome as mine is right now.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Timp, myself...but I'm biased. Also, I know all the "secret" stairways. ;) And your show WAS awesome--I can't wait to see Smokey Joe's and (possibly) Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would see your shows if I was in Utah. Really! Have any going on in June???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I HAVE to come see Oz, and I haven't bought a ticket. Shoot.

    I'm glad this semester is over for you! You sound less stressed already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bleh! We wish we could come see Smokey Joes- and Robbie is right here and says that he is totally bummed that he didn't get to hang out with EmDab and you . . . especially since he missed out on my awesome drumming.
    Just FYI, due to my "success" at Rock Band, I've decided to quit everything else in my life and begin my new career as a full time drumming one-woman-show band. What do you think? Don't worry, I won't forget that it was you who showed me all my great drumming talent when I'm rich and famous . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete