Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sofa King Mad

Today sucked.


Yesterday, I spent the WHOLE day working on a presentation for my Adolescent Development class. Literally- ALL day. I missed school because I had a splitting headache. And I had to go to rehearsal last night, so I took my computer with me to finish up.


One of the things we're graded on is whether we use technology effectively for our presentation: ie, Powerpoint. I specifically downloaded a trial version of Microsoft Office just to do this project. The teacher asked us all to e-mail her in advance if we plan to use Powerpoint so she can bring her computer that hooks up easily to the classroom's system.


So, the teacher encourages us to use Powerpoint in our presentations, and asks us to e-mail in advance to let her know we're going to need her computer. You'd think she'd check her e-mail 20+ hours before class, wouldn't you? Well, you'd be wrong.


And you'd be wrong again if you thought the teacher would feel bad about not checking her e-mail. And you'd be wrong AGAIN if you thought that the teacher would NOT stand up and try to embarrass you in front of the whole class by telling them that you didn't e-mail her in advance. Three times.


So, that was the start of my day.


The end of my day was rehearsal (as usual). Without going into too much detail, tonight was the first time EVER that I've been music directing and the director not only argued with me in front of the cast, but then actually stood up next to me and began to conduct the cast because she didn't like the tempo I was using. I have NEVER had a director with that much audacity. I used to love said director, but over the past few weeks, it's taken a turn for the worse. You can only handle reblocking the show every night for so many weeks. You can barely handle having to become not only the stage manager, but also the music director (less than a month before opening) as it is. And then when you are CONSTANTLY being told that you're doing it wrong, it's the final straw. Now, even the thought of this director…it, it the, it, flame, flames, FLAMES on the side of my face, breathing, breathle...heaving breaths, heaving....


Today sucked arse. At least tomorrow I get to hang out with not one, but TWO cute girls and I don't have to spend ANY time at rehearsal for "Ho Pioneers!"









No comments:

Post a Comment