Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lost Dream

I've gotten in the habit of staying up late and sleeping in, and right about now, I'm regretting it- seeing as I have school in the morning. Stupid 4 day weekend. However, as I'm sitting here waiting for my sleeping herbs to kick in, I'm reminded that I had a crazy dream this morning that should probably be recorded.


I don't remember how it started, but at one point, I was stuck in the middle of the ocean with another guy (and I can't for the life of me remember who he was) and we were sharing one gigantic lifevest. Both of us had scripts for Romeo and Juliet and we were both bobbing in the ocean with our backs to each other and practicing monologues. All of a sudden, a metal island rose out of the middle of the ocean not far from us. We worked together (although we were CLEARLY in competition for a part in Romeo) to move to the island. We got onto it, took our vest off, and suddenly a hole opened up, and the other guy was sucked into it. I moved away from the hole, but then the island was starting to sink again. I realized that I may have better chances in the hole. So, I grabbed an orange easy chair that was sitting a few feet away from me on the island, and I used it as a sled to slide down the side of the hole.


When I landed at the bottom, the chair vanished, along with my wet clothes. I was standing in my underwear in the middle of what looked like the locker room in the temple. I could hear a loud banging noise, and I realized that it was a sound effect from Lost. That's when it hit me. I was on an island that was controlled by the Others. I walked down a corridor off to one side of the locker room, and eventually, I came to a big room that looked like a rehab room in a hospital. There were tons of old people in it, along with my not so old friend Andy. I started walking toward Andy, because he just lost his newborn son (in real life) and I hadn't talked to him since finding out. On my way over to him, I passed a small swimming pool, and there were several old people jumping into it. I leaned over the edge and noticed that it was quite dirty. An old man saw me looking at the mud in the bottom and explained that it was better than the ocean.


When I resumed my walk toward Andy, I realized that Andy was no longer there. I decided that I had to get to the bottom of things, and in order to find out what was going on, I had to find Ben. I turned to walk down another corridor, and found a sauna. There were several people inside, including the big guy from the others (I don't know his name). I decided to go into the sauna to see if I could get some answers by blending in with all the other men in it and finding out what they knew. So, I entered the sauna by way of the adjoining women's locker room (don't ask). I got inside and made my way to an empty spot on a bench, and suddenly realized that everyone was staring at me. I panicked, knowing that they had found me out. Then I realized that all of the other men and women in the sauna were wearing nothing but towels, and I was standing there in my garments. D'oh! I had completely forgotten that I was in my underwear. I got really embarrassed and put my arms across my chest and stomach to cover the markings. That's when I woke up.


Crazy, eh?


Here's a Lost video for your pleasure. Btw- SPOILER alert. If you're not up to date on Lost, DO NOT WATCH!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment