Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gratuitous Gratuity

Things I'm grateful for - right this minute:
  1. Edited horror movies on Chiller. I've always wanted to see movies like Stephen King's Thinner and now I'm finally getting around to it. Stupid? Yes. Do I care? No.
  2. My EQ Presidency. It's nice to be able to delegate and know that the job will be done better than I could do it.
  3. I was finally told something that I've needed to hear for FOUR YEARS from somebody I never thought would say it. A huge burden has been lifted. If you've read all of blog entries, you should know what this is about...
  4. The cast of Seussical learns quickly.
  5. In a couple weeks, I'll have 1 1/2 full weeks of no piano lessons, no youth theatre workshops, no rehearsals, and no school. Taking a vacation is too expensive right now, so instead, I'll fill my days with things like script-reading, going to the temple, working on Nosferatu, cleaning out my closet, etc. Fun times! Oh, and I plan to watch some Alias, too.
  6. Lagoon. I went for the first time since I was 15 the other day. And it was free. My brother bought me a ticket so I would go with him and his kids and there would be an even number of people to ride the "scary" rides. The twins were really good about going on things, other than Wicked, which they only went on after being bribed. Yeah, it's just Lagoon, but it was fun, and it was a nice blast from the past (with some fun new additions). If you go, though, STAY AWAY from Rock U2 the Top. SO flat and horrible. ACK! (Which saddened me, because I knew someone in the cast.)
  7. I'm FINALLY on the homestretch of renaming all of my mp3s that I lost in the harddrive crash. When I copied them back to the computer from my iPod, all the names were messed up. I've had to fix them all manually.
  8. My summer youth theatre workshops are fun, despite being work. The Advanced Drama class is especially fun so far. I'm finally putting my The Haunting of Hill House script to use!
  9. I finished all the songs for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. I just have some instrumental tracks to finish. I was going to wait to do them until Nosferatu was done, but I'm going to go ahead and knock them out tomorrow and Thursday, hopefully.
  10. Wendy and Julie both had their babies, and they were fine. Julie's unnamed boy looks just like Trey in the pictures, so he's going to be cute and chubby. And according to Wendy's sister's Facebook status, Wendy's girl, Zoe, has fat rolls. I'm very excited to see both babies - tomorrow!
  11. It's barely after midnight, and I'm already tired and ready for bed. Yay! Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for the EQ Presidency too! Without them I'd have no one to make me laugh during long hymns, no one to try to set up with the hugh mass of single girls in the world, and no one to make feel uncomfortable while standing in line for the Dark Knight.
    Now that I think of it, how many times have you seen the Dark Knight, Jer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie's baby is so cute! Mini Trey. Maybe they should name him M.T. hee hee...

    ReplyDelete